[TR] Alternator

Jim Vassiliadis jimstr4 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 16:46:57 MST 2015

I have read endless amounts on this subject and my conclusion is that I'm
best fitting a small Nippon Denso.
I have a spare smallish alternator in my spare toyota Corona and was going
to try it in my 1962 TR4.
The part that I can't find is the wide belt pully in New Zealand.
I suppose I can remove the pully off the generator and install it on the
alternator.
If I remember correctly I have to turn down the alternator pully to fit the
generator pully, which means dismantling the alternator.
I think that Dean Mericas said that he got one from an Agricultural supplier
years ago.
Does anyone know who might sell a wide belt pully or is it simpler to try
and fit the generator pully to the alternator.

Jim Vassiliadis
1962 TR4
Slowly coming back together.