[TR] Alternator?

David Friedlander forzion7 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 11:12:48 MST 2015

Thanks, Bill.... and to all who responded to this question. I believe the
"candidate" alternators include a Bosch (I think the model number for that
is AL77X) the AC Delco (10 SI). I don't see Bill's Nippondenso model
listed...  Additional mods include gutting the voltage regulator, some
accommodation/modifications of the ammeter and steps to maintain the
functionality of the warning light.

I tried going to the Tucson Alternator website
(http://www.tucsonalternator.com/PartDetails.aspx?IDNum=43217) but haven't
figured out how to actually buy anything after adding it to the cart!
Strange.... I guess calling them is the only way...

Also, I'm not sure if any info I've received concerning upgrading a TR6's
alternator can also apply to that of the TR3, but that, too, would be good
to know.

Again, my thanks to all.

Dave Friedlander