[TR] Can I ask an Austin-Healey question?

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 08:37:53 MST 2015

On 11/7/15 6:28 AM, Andrew Uprichard wrote:

> As Triumphs owners, we aren’t too concerned about “matching numbers”
> since our engines never match body numbers anyway.

I know of one TR3A with matching engine and commission numbers.This car
was built from parts off a number of different TRs in a wrecking yard
that specialized in Triumph parts.  This was in the late 1980s. The body
was perfect and painted black. A  new interior kit was added and parts
re-chromed.  When finished the car was trailered to the Palo Alto All
British field meet where it took a people's choice award.  The owner of
the wrecking yard wanted to maximize the selling price of this car built
up from several cars so he punched the engine number into a new
commission plate and registered the vehicle by this number.  As far as I
know it is the only TR3 registered with an 'E' at the end of the number
and has matching engine & commission numbers.

TeriAnn