[TR] Remove TR4 Tranmission

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Thu Nov 5 17:04:39 MST 2015

Have done it in a TR250 and a TR4A a few times, about the same procedure as a TR4.  I didn't have a clock going, and there were usually other jobs involved, I don't think an hour and a half is unreasonable if all goes perfect, two hours if all goes well.  So scheduling out a morning or afternoon wouldn't be unreasonable, given you can always end up with a stuck or stripped nut or something (although the trannies proximity to numerous sources or oil make this a little less likely than on suspension, body or exhaust work), besides if you call it a 4 hour job you can be proud of yourself if you do better.

Greg Lemon