[TR] Vibration at Speed

Italyfound italyfound at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 17:00:37 MST 2015

Been a while since I posted but this caught my eye.

I had the same problem with my 72 TR6. Took a while to solve the problem but
I would bet money this is your problem too.

My problem was with the face of the hubs. Mine turned out not to be flat but
had a noticeable runout. You can check yours by removing the tire and wheel
and with a run out guage check the surface front to back and top to bottom.
If you a that there is an issue have them surface ground at a machine shop.
Simple process. Solved my problem immediately....

What occurs when they are bad is when you tighten down the lug nuts the
wheel is actually distorted to match the face of the hub.

Alex Manzo
72 TR6
59 TR3A