[TR] Further Thoughts on Cooling

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Mon May 18 22:41:34 MDT 2015

The TR4-6 range seems to cool pretty well, at least in my experience.  But as stated the various conditions have a lot to do with it too, condition and tune of the motor, condition of the radiator, crud built up in the motor.   My TR250, with higher compression and a mild cam, doesn't go beyond the the middle of the gauge even on hot days, it still has the original radiator, which I just reversed flushed out when I restored the car.  My TR4A ran pretty cool as well, other British cars I have owned have run towards the hotter part of the gauge (Sprites, MGBs, Austin Healey) but none of them were in new condition  when I got them and I never replaced the radiator on any of them.

Greg Lemon