[TR] Tops (hoods) - TR4A vs TR6

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sun May 3 17:08:04 MDT 2015

The TR6 frame has pieces to help seal the side windows better, and the header rail seal differently, if you wanted to use the 4A top you would have to attach bits that go on the inside top front of the windshield to snap the header rail on, verses the pokey twisty things on the later tops.

I am pretty sure they attach the same at the back.  I remember my 4A having a lot more room behind the seats with the top down than the TR250, it is either my memory playing tricks, or the side window mechanism kind of eats into that useful space behind the seats because of how the top lays.  If I had to do it over again I would probably have fit a 4A top, because I mostly drive with the top down and seldom in cold or wet weather, so the side window seal is not that important to me, plus I have a spare 4A frame in the rafters forever.

Greg Lemon
TR250