[TR] Trouble, trouble, trouble

John Summers rivers2hills at yahoo.com
Sun May 3 16:30:09 MDT 2015

Admitedly, my TR6 has been tilted to the passenger side by the blocks and jack stands under the right side for several months.And when I thought it would be a good idea to check the thrust washers,,,I drained the oil,,,,then got distractedby life for a couple of months, or more and left the oil out.  Then I saw saw what a booger it wouldbe to even get the oil pan off and gave up on that idea.A month or so later I changed the oil filter, pumped the clutch a few times, put it in neutral shot startingfluid in the general location of the air filters, struggled to get in (I'm 17 years older than when I got the car)pulled out the choke and cranked.  That was nice and sounded normal, so I did it 3 more times.I gave up.  Then I REALLY struggled to climb out agains gravity and the door trying to cut my leg offI got out. Then I saw fluid running from underneath the car. It seemed to be oil.  I have only been out therea few times in the last three months and not to work on my car.  I'm out of enthusiam and money.Comments????