[TR] how to remove a frozen wire wheel from a non-running Triumph Stag

Frank Magnusson fmags at cox.net
Sat May 2 15:28:58 MDT 2015

Hi Sujit,

I may be overstating the obvious, but make sure that you are turning it the correct way.  The knockoffs are handed.  The ones on the left side of the car come off turning left (counter clockwise), and the ones on the right side come off turning right (clockwise).  It should be marked right on the knockoff, but you never know.

I learned that the hard way on an old Plymouth and bent the lug wrench before somebody pointed it out to me.  Oops.

Baring that, you might be able to get some penetrating oil in there and like others have said, heat.  Alot of it.

Im not sure what you are using for a hammer, but you'll need one with alot of weight, a knockoff hammer or a small hand held sledge.

Hope this helps,

Frank

Sent from my iPad