[TR] Other Triumph Forums

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Mar 31 14:02:45 MDT 2015

>      Is there another way to attract list members? Should
> someone make up a new webpage to show people how to sign on?

>      Is there a way to get the old webpage with the
> non-working links taken down to not frustrate and confuse
> potential list members?

This is purely a WAG, and I don't mean to step on anyone's toes.  But it seems to me that one good solution might be for someone
with the necessary skills to step up and offer to help MJB with maintaining the Team.Net web pages.  It is my impression that he is
very busy with other aspects of his life (eg wife, kids, charitable projects, not to mention a new job) along with keeping the list
server alive and well.    He does a great job, but there is only so much that one man can do.

I don't know what happened to Roger Garnett (whose name is on many of the Team.Net/SOL web pages), but it appears (to me) that he
quit being involved with Team.Net a long time ago. (Some poking about with Google suggests he went over to the octagonal side of the
force about 10 years ago.)  Any volunteers for a replacement?

> Are other
> listers on other forums? If so, how is it? I feel like I am
> converting religions or something.

I'm on several web forums, including Triumph Experience and BCF.  They're OK, but in all honesty I prefer the Team.Net list format,
especially now that it supports photos and HTML.  Still, I think you have an excellent point, the web forums are where the new
members are showing up.  Mail lists are _so_ 20th century <G>

The downside of picking up new members is that they also pick up spammers and trolls, both of which we have remarkably little of on
Team.Net.

-- Randall