[TR] Other Triumph Forums

Bill Brewer billbrewer59 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 09:15:41 MDT 2015

     Is it just me or is our Triumph forum waning? I have been a list member
for about 17 years now and still use the term "fluif" for those of you that
remember that string. I recently changed email accounts and found that the
Scions of Lucas website for logging on to our list doesn't work anymore
(http://www.team.net/sol/sollists.html ). If someone can find the list then
they can't sign on. I figured out how to sign on to the list again by asking
Randall. Based on that and the number of posts recently, I would be betting
that our membership is dwindling.

     Is there another way to attract list members? Should someone make up a
new webpage to show people how to sign on?

     Is there a way to get the old webpage with the non-working links taken
down to not frustrate and confuse potential list members?

     I have been considering dropping out of Triumph list and going to the
six-pack forum and the Triumph Experience forum (http://www.triumphexp.com/
), but am reluctant to do it being that I have been in this list so long.
Are other listers on other forums? If so, how is it? I feel like I am
converting religions or something.

     Years ago, I was on a Mini-Cooper forum. We had a SOL forum and the
Mini-Cooper guys (a bunch of rabid Chihuahuas) got all spun up on each other
and got into a list flame war. Everyone migrated to another forum and the
list died. Bizarre. Maybe the list forums have a useful life or half-life.

     I would be interested to know what other listers think on the subject.

     Bill Brewer

     Tehachapi, CA