[TR] Accessory power in +ground TR3

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Thu Mar 12 15:31:46 MDT 2015

Has anyone installed a second battery (-ground) to power accessories in a
TR3?   I am planning a fairly lengthy road trip this summer and would like
the benefits of GPS, phone charger, and maybe computer hookup.

I am wondering if it is possible to create a completely closed wiring setup
for that purpose using a smaller motorcycle or marine battery.  It would
require charging periodically (or a trickle charger) and be completely
insulated from the body/frame.

What would I need between the battery and accessory outlets (besides a fuse
box)?

Any thoughts or suggestions?  (or is it even possible?)

Thanks

Carl

1961 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO

http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/  - Verizon has discontinued the mysite