[TR] TR250/5/6 Horsepower ratings

Patrick Huckels bespokeroadsters at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 10:48:14 MDT 2015

In my quest to understand the different engine configurations with the TR250, 5 and TR6's, I have learned much about the variances in both the Feb (carbed) and the PI changes made over the model years. Primary changes were crankshafts, camshafts and cylinder heads along with their associated bits and bobs. Also distributor changes were made but I am not sure as to their relationship with compression ratios and HP. I would like everyone to look over what I understand and either confirm that I'm on the right track or off the most traveled path.Here's what I have so farFed/US carbureted cars1968-1971 Compression ratio of 9.5:1 Rated HP of 1041972-1973 Compression ratio of 7.75:1 Rated HP of 106 Increased HP due to ????????1974-1976 Compression ratio of 7.5:1 Rated HP of 101PI Cars
1968-1975 Compression ratio of 9.5:1 Rated HP of 150Any feedback is welcome.Cheers,Patrick