[TR] TR4A update and overdrive question

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jun 5 09:48:26 MDT 2015

> O/D's are not very smart. They are either on or off. That being the
> function of the fitted lock out switch(s).

True, the overdrive box itself doesn't even "know" what gear is selected.  I was talking about the factory configuration of the
lockout switches, which I took to be what the question was about.

Although there were changes inside the A-type, so it could handle the extra torque of operation in 2nd & 3rd.  Since 2nd gear is
2:1, the OD has to handle twice as much torque in 2nd as it does in 4th.

Randall