[TR] HE 6 cylinder Engine Suffix

Patrick Huckels bespokeroadsters at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 3 13:52:48 MDT 2015

Hello all.This is my first question to the group and have no idea on how to broadcast it amongst everyone but here goes.I have been intrigued over the years as to how the suffixed 'H' or 'HE' 6 cylinder engines have made their way to North America. Up to now, and according to the Triumph TR6 parts book, an engine with the suffix 'HE" meant that it was a PI (Petrol Injected) high compression (thus the H) Engine (thus the E). I have written to many early TR6 owners which have their engines with this suffix but always have had dual strombergs, not PI engines.I also know that the Vitesse has the HE suffix as well. There might be other HE engine/car combinations unknown to me.It appears that the H was dropped sometime in early 1970. I also know that all TR250's have the HE engine suffix. Does anyone know anything more about this and do the HE engines have the same horsepower as their English counterparts?
Cheers,Patrick/BespokeRoadsters