[TR] alternator conversion in a tr3

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Tue Jun 2 16:18:50 MDT 2015

Just as an alternative thought, I recently switched to the LED headlights Randall mentioned.  (Hopefully they'll pick up the next deer before before before I run into it!)

With LED headlights,running lights and stop lights, I'm wondering about the need to convert from a generator at all.

I confess that running to work for a week in the dark on the generator with top down, headlights and heater blaring, I had to manually recharge the battery.  With LED lights, I'm thinking the generator can keep up?

More of a question, really.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667
New Hampshire