[TR] TR4 solid steering rack mounts

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 19 08:02:37 MDT 2015

Hello,

I am looking for opinions on solid steering rack mounts for my 63 TR4.

I posted a query on the 6-pack forum looking for advice and Goodparts
and TSI were mentioned. I emailed Goodparts and he replied that the 6
rack is not the same diameter as the 4, so his product would not work.
He thinks the 4 rack has a larger diameter.

Does any TR4 owner who has the later version of the rack with the mounts
similar to the 6 have a recommendation of which vendor can supply solid
steering rack mounts for my 63?

Looking at all the listings on Ebay, Goodparts look the most solid but
not available for the 4.

Thanks,

Bob