[TR] TR6 No Start - Resolved!

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 19:12:01 MDT 2015

John Cohen said "I am sure you are aware of the old classic car adage,
'All carb problems are
ignition related until proved otherwise"."

John wins his choice of a cigar or a coconut.

I rebuilt the carbs this week - a job that definitely needed doing.
Got everything back together, and tried to start the car. Nada, nada,
nada...Checked the spark again - yes there's a spark, but it's maybe
not as hot as I'd like...

Replaced the points.  Tried the spark test again and it was /much/
hotter. Had to let the car sit since it was flooded, so we went to the
movies and dinner.  Got back, and whirrwhirrwhirrvroom...

So...the problem looks like a set of points - less than a year old -
that showed good on all the usual tests, but was partially shorted, or
bad, or dirty, or ???

Weird...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.