[TR] TR250 Windshield Wiper Motor and switch

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Thu Jan 22 17:32:02 MST 2015

After much effort, I got the wiper motor and switch working as they should.

Ed, a list member, sent me the following information:
The green wire is always connected to 12V, thru the fuse of course.
For High Speed, ground the R/LG wire.
For Low Speed, ground the R/LG wire and the N/LG wire.
That is the way it works in the TR250.  It sounds like other Triumphs do
it differently.

But now, I have discovered a new problem - isn't that the way it always
goes!

The passenger wheel box assembly wobbles when the wiper is running. It
wobbles less when the windshield is wet, but it still wobbles.

I have tightened the nut as much as I dare - it helped, but it still
wobbles.

The first thing I did in this process was to pull the wiper rack cable
out, cleaned and greased it and put it back in.  I did not do anything
to the wheelboxes, thinking the grease on cable would take care of the
wheel boxes.

Do I need to get new wheelbox fittings?  Will that help?  Is there
anything else that holds them in place?

Thanks,
Roger