[TR] TR3 Batterey

Keith Stewart keithstewart at bell.net
Sat Feb 28 13:59:05 MST 2015

> By way of contrast, the "72 month" battery I got from Costco in 2009 (for a non-LBC) was getting noticeably weak (slow cranking)
> last year.  No pro-rating, 100% replacement, no questions asked.  I only paid $5, because the core charge has gone up.  And, the
> warranty resets, so they'll replace it again if it stops working before Oct 2020.
>
> Guess where my next battery will come from <g>
>
> -- Randall

Canadian Tire Corporation (Canada) used to offer their top of the line battery with a lifetime replacement (up until 1980 or so). I have two vehicles with those batteries. The longest running is my 1962 TR4 that I bought the CTC battery in about 1970. You can imagine how many replacements I have had in those 45 years. No questions asked. No charges. The last time I received a replacement (about a year or two ago), they had to put a different make of car into the paperwork because their computers had no information on Triumphs, let alone a TR4.

Keith Stewart
keithstewartATbellDOTnet