[TR] Timing chain tensioner

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 11:04:07 MST 2015

When my tensioner broke the engine made a sound like a blender full of nuts
and bolts.  A stethoscope made it apparent that the sound was coming from
inside the timing chain cover.

The car still ran fine and no other damage occurred - but a good
opportunity to service the radiator while it was out.

Apart from total failure - I know of no way to assess the condition short
of visual inspection, at which point one would want to install a new one
anyway.

Geo