[TR] Temp. guages - further question

greg at gelhar.com greg at gelhar.com
Tue Feb 24 13:19:23 MST 2015

I used those instructions when I did that repair. I would suggest testing
the old gauge with air pressure to confirm proper operation. 100 PSI
should show full hot while watching for smooth operation of the needle.
The capillary tube is very small. To keep solder from wicking into it,
after it has been cleaned, I draw a line around the cut ends of the tubing
with a number 2 pencil. The solder does not flow past where the pencil
line is.

Greg G.
Osseo, MN