[TR] TR4A engine ground strap

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Feb 6 15:54:12 MST 2015

>I'm a fan of functionality over how the previous owner had things. I think the best place for a ground strap is between one of the starter motor mounting bolts and the frame adjacent to that bolt. you want >that starter motor to have the best electrical connections that it can have.

Ditto to TeriAnn's post.  But I've learned something.  I abraded off the paint then bolted the ground strap to the firewall (I STR that's stock?), but I linked every ignition and dash ground to the same bolt so there would be no variables in connectivity to ground. I think the better way would be as Randall and TeriAnn suggested, to run the ground to the starter, but then also all the grounds through a common wire to the same location.  Overkill, yeah.  Problem free, yeah.

Maybe I just cleaned too much rust off my corroded hulk when I restored it....

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire