[TR] What hone to use

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Tue Aug 18 09:58:58 MDT 2015

Hi,

I am getting ready to do a ring job on my Spitfire engine because the rings did not seat correctly after a rebuild.

I plan on honing the cylinders.  The cylinders hopefully are in good condition as they were bored out approximately 5,000 miles ago.  I am hoping for some guidance on what type and grit of hone to use.  Are the brush hones the way to go for this?

I know this is some what speculative without seeing the hones, but I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Roger Elliott