[TR] Running down oil leaks

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Apr 30 20:47:34 MDT 2015

> I thought about solder too but in has acid flux in the center

Solid (no acid or rosin) solder is still available, although I don't see how rosin core would hurt anything.

Also, you can still buy pure lead wire (although the first one I found was kind of pricy, IMO).
<http://www.amazon.com/Diameter-Pure-99-9-Lead-Wire/dp/B001QUXES8/ref=pd_sim_indust_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=00FSV84ZZ1RYK045CKQ1>

But for that locknut, I just used a copper washer with some Hylomar smeared on it.  In other places, I've been known to smear the
shank of the bolt with RTV (but you have to be careful not to get the RTV into blind holes or let it squeeze out into internal
passages).

-- Randall