[TR] RetroSound Radios

Keith Stewart keithstewart at bell.net
Wed Apr 22 14:58:11 MDT 2015

> On Apr 21, 2015, at 9:03 PM,Dave Connitt wrote:
>
> Just curios if anybody on the list has installed any one of the RetroSound radios that Moss has been selling? I am wondering how it fit? Did it the adapter plate look OK? How does the radio perform? I am looking at the Model 2 with the bluetooth interface..
> I was also looking at going with getting my (not currently working) Triumph AM radio converted to AM/FM USB/BlueTooth but it looks like that is about $500.00. The up side there is that the radio would appear stock..
> Thanks,
> Dave Connitt

I have installed one in Chris’ TR6 and am just finishing up the install in my TR4. The unit operates great and the limiting factor is likely the speakers. I got the black knobs with silver bezels and the look matches the original radio that came in my 1962 TR4. On the 6, i trimmed the Triumph bezel and it looked fine. After many install/remove sessions to get  the distance just right, I forgot to include the faceplate bezel on the final fit. I did not feel like taking it out again at this point and the look without the bezel is OK too.

Original TR4 radio

RetroSound radio

Because the TR4 originally had a single speaker under the dash in the passenger footwell, I installed a RetroSound Dual Voice Coil speaker in the speaker enclosure

and restored the speaker box and enclosure.

I also took the opportunity to add an Advanced AutoWire auxiliary fuse/relay panel to power the radio.

Keith Stewart
keithstewartATbellDOTnet