[TR] wheel bearings

Cosmo Kramer tr4a2712 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 17:16:49 MDT 2015

Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 17:31:00 -0400
From: "Andrew Uprichard" <auprichard at uprichard.net>
Subject: [TR] wheel bearings
What is the collective wisdom of the list on how often to re-pack front
wheel bearings?  I know one guy who does it every year, while others wait
until they need to be replaced.
-Andrew Uprichard
-----------------------Hi List!I use to do it as the manual stated: Every yr. or twice if I had put on more than 6,000 miles in that riding season. I think the manual stated to do ALL lube points every 3,000 miles, but I found Every 6,000 was good enough because I felt the greases, NOW DAYS, are that much better. BUT! I DID ALWAYS did the oil & filter every 3, 333 miles. -Cosmo Kramer