[TR] TR6 Temperature gauge pegged hot

Joao Simoes jmbs46 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 12 23:20:37 MDT 2015

Hi.
I highly recommend you replace the thermostat. Even if you lived in a desert, your thermostat is very important to shorten the warmup time. There is nothing to gain by removing it, only less engine life.
As far as the gauge, remove the wire connector from the sender and, with the ignition on, look at the gauge, I think it should be at one extreme or the other ( full hot or full cold) , then touch the wire connector to a ground, like the engine block. The gauge now should point to the opposite extreme.
If it does, then your sender must be bad, if not then either the gauge or the wire itself is bad.

Take care,

Joao