[TR] List. No, not THAT one.

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 07:33:02 MDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 4:37 PM, <terryrs at comcast.net> wrote:

> Question:  what do people do to lubricate the throttle linkage, starting
> from the gas pedal through the carb?

A friend who has had TRs even longer than I have showed me a trick.  Every
time he checks the oil he touches the end of the dipstick to the
ball-and-cup joints on the linkage behind the carbs.

Whether you do it that way or as part of periodic maintenance, those seem
to be the ones that wear the most (and start to pop loose if they get to
worn or ovalled),  I use plain oil on them and spray white lithium (less
frequently) on the other stuff.

Don't forget to put some oil on the rear generator bearing and under the
distributor rotor.

Geo