[TR] TR-3 rear brake cylinder

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Sep 29 01:16:43 MDT 2014

> I have been trying to remove the rear cylinder and its being
> held in by a plate that slides up and down with it. It
> doesn't seem to come free, Does anyone have any ideas?  thanks, Joe

Should actually be three pieces, two larger plates and a small one; each with a slot that fits over the neck of the cylinder.  One
of the larger plates has tabs that engage slots in the other large plate.  You'll have to jamb a screwdriver or something in there
to disengage the tabs, then tap out the plate that has it's opening towards the brake lever.  Once it is out, work the lever out of
place and the other two tabs should come out easily with the lever out of the way.

You can find basically the same instructions in the appendix to the factory workshop manual (later edition with the TR3 supplement).
http://goo.gl/Oz0eOM

Note that the drawing they gave (which is copied in many other places) is wrong.  But the text description is correct.

Randall