[TR] Thanks for the help on Spit vertical link

Me levilevi at comcast.net
Sun Sep 28 00:42:51 MDT 2014

The important thing is if the bolt can be tightened to 65 ft/lbs. That's the
design spec with or without a heli coil. One way worked one didn't.

Unlike some I do like my car to be safe. I'm ok with the bolt at 65 ft/ lbs
with a heli coil.

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 27, 2014, at 11:28 PM, Randall <TR3driver at ca.rr.com> wrote:
>

>> I trust that Standard Triumph engineers designed brake systems and
>> specifications to include the possibility of panic braking.
>
> Well, perhaps I misunderstood.  They also did not design critical bolted
joints such that missing one or two threads would cause