[TR] Trying to locate my old 63 Spitfire

Brad Kahler bkahler1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 09:38:14 MDT 2014

I know this is a long shot but I've always wondered what happened to the
first Triumph that I owned but here goes :)

Back in early fall of 1978 I was getting ready to move to Denver from
Lincoln Nebraska.  At the time I owned a bright yellow with yellow factory
hard top 1963 Spitfire and a 1973 TR6.  I needed to sell one of the two and
opted to sell the Spitfire since it was a running project and the TR6 was
only 5 years old at the time.

I put the Spitfire in the newspaper want ads and a gentleman contacted me
about the car.  He came over to look at it saying he was looking for a
project car as his family had just been transferred to Lincoln by his
employer.   We agreed on a price and he took possession of the car and I
subsequently moved to Denver.

So if anyone knows who the purchaser might have been or what might have
happened to the car in the intervening years I would love to know more.  It
was a good solid car that deserved a restoration.

Thanks!

Brad
Richmond, KY
1963 TR4