[TR] Source for drain plug

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Sep 23 06:35:07 MDT 2014

> I am looking for a source for the brass drain plug for the
> gearbox and rear differential for a 72 TR6.
>
> The square head plugs being sold are a pain.  The brass one
> sits smooth and you use an Allen wrench as for removal.

The gearbox plug is just ordinary NPT pipe threads, so any plumbing supply should have them.  I forget the size offhand, probably
3/8".  I get mine at MMC
http://tinyurl.com/pk4rcu4

But I prefer the steel magnetic ones rather than brass.

I don't believe the diff on a 72 TR6 originally had a drain plug, so you may need to investigate what was added.  I don't know why
anyone wouldn't use the same as the gearbox, but it's a possibility.

Randall