[TR] heater control valve

Pete Ryner pryner at verizon.net
Tue Sep 16 19:52:48 MDT 2014

Gary,
I just happened to have mine removed and looked at the internals.  At the
bottom of the screw stem is a flat piece that seals the against the bottom
of the valve and seals it when closed.  When the stem is unscrewed (open)
the flat piece comes up with the stem and allows water to pass below the
piece into the horizontal tube.  If you take the horizontal tube off of the
valve you should be able to see if the sealing part has become disconnected
which would restrict the water.  You can also see if the horizontal valve
has rust in it and has become clogged which is normal as the tube is steel.
The other option is to just remove the top part of the valve which easily
unscrews from the body to check the inside.
Pete