[TR] TR2/3 - rocker shaft install

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Mon Sep 15 15:05:08 MDT 2014

Angelo,

Couple of thoughts here

Back the valve lash screws all the way off to give 100% clearance when bolting
the rocker shaft in place.
Once installed, you can go about tightening them down as you set the valve
lash.

Also, take the car out of gear and turn the engine by hand, using the cooling
fan.
This will allow you to get the #1 at TDC on the compression stoke easy
enough.

On Sep 15, 2014, at 3:33 PM, Angelo Graham <agraham at execulink.com> wrote:

> Hello List:
> Just about to re-torque head bolts and wondering if there is a more easy and
positive way to re- install the rocker shaft? Worried about loading the
pushrods and possibly damaging them; also asking about an easier way to start
setting valve clearances with all rockers backed off.
> Would leaving the engine at TDC on #1 compression before removing shaft,
then starting here help the process?
> Looking for any tips on this job. Unfortunately, I have a solid re-cored rad
and have lost my hand cranking feature. Have to bump & grind engine through
the partial revolutions to find the sweet spots.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/guy@genfiniti.com