[TR] TR2/3 - rocker shaft install

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Mon Sep 15 14:33:58 MDT 2014

Hello List:
Just about to re-torque head bolts and wondering if there is a more easy
and positive way to re- install the rocker shaft? Worried about loading
the pushrods and possibly damaging them; also asking about an easier way
to start setting valve clearances with all rockers backed off.
Would leaving the engine at TDC on #1 compression before removing shaft,
then starting here help the process?
Looking for any tips on this job. Unfortunately, I have a solid re-cored
rad and have lost my hand cranking feature. Have to bump & grind engine
through the partial revolutions to find the sweet spots.
Thanks for any guidance and tips on this one.
Angelo Graham