[TR] >>NASS Spitfire 1500 Mech fuel pump

ptegler ptegler at verizon.net
Sun Sep 14 20:55:06 MDT 2014

The volume will depend on the actual rpm (number of pumps) and whether
the pump is fully releasing all the gas in it.

your mechanical pump lever, which rides on the cam lobe, pulls gas into
the pump when the lever is driven into (pushed towards) the pump as such.
. From there the fuel is only spring pressure pushed up to the carbs.
It takes about 6-12 pump cycles to fill a pair of HS4 float chambers.
(depends on the actuall pump version)
On the units with the lever at the bottom, manually pumping the lever it
should start getting easy once the bowls fill as you are no longer
pulling gas from the tank as the pump has not emptied from the last pump
stroke once the floats/needle valve close the bowls off.

ptegler