[TR] TR4 Flasher burnout

Rich White rlwhitetr3b at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 14 07:20:07 MDT 2014

I would modify Randall's idea and put a fuse in both legs at the same time and
cut the troubleshooting time in half.

Rich White Central, IL USA
'63 TR3B TCF###L
That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!

> From: TR3driver at ca.rr.com
> To: leejohn7 at gmail.com; triumphs at autox.team.net
> Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 20:42:22 -0700
> Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Flasher burnout
>
> > I've burned through 4 flasher units over the past year or so.
> >  What gives?
>
> What are you using for fuses?
>
> I'm thinking there must be an intermittent short in the turn signal wiring,
but normally that would pop the fuse.  However, if
> you've got an AGC 35 in there, the flasher might burn up instead.
>
> Could still be something like that, so I might try putting an 5 amp fuse in
the jumper; drive around a bit with first one side and
> then the other on constantly and see if/when it blows.  Or better yet, since
it evidently takes about 3 months to happen, add the

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com