[TR] TR4 Flasher burnout

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Sep 13 21:42:22 MDT 2014

> I've burned through 4 flasher units over the past year or so.
>  What gives?

What are you using for fuses?

I'm thinking there must be an intermittent short in the turn signal wiring, but normally that would pop the fuse.  However, if
you've got an AGC 35 in there, the flasher might burn up instead.

Could still be something like that, so I might try putting an 5 amp fuse in the jumper; drive around a bit with first one side and
then the other on constantly and see if/when it blows.  Or better yet, since it evidently takes about 3 months to happen, add the
fuse in series with the flasher semi-permanently.

- Randall