[TR] Positive or Negative Earth

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Wed Sep 10 14:39:48 MDT 2014

Jeffrey,

I quick test would be to use a testing light.

Attach one lead of the light to a known ground and try the other lead on both
terminals.
Provided the battery holds charge, the one that makes the light glow is
positive!

A multimeter would do the same

On Sep 10, 2014, at 3:18 PM, Jeffrey Gayton <jtgayton at icloud.com> wrote:

> Greetings. I'm having trouble finding out if my '62 TR4 has been converted
> from positive to negative earth. Online sources say to check and see if the
> grounding strap is connected to the positive or negative terminal of the
> battery. Sadly, my battery doesn't have + or - signs on it. The grounded
> terminal is labelled red, which suggests the car is still positive earth,
but
> the other terminal is green rather than black. What's more, both the green
and
> red indicators are rounds of felt around the terminals rather than part of
the
> battery itself, so I can't be sure that whatever they're trying to indicate
is
> actually true.
>
> I tried looking online for the battery itself, but couldn't get any hits.
It's

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/guy@genfiniti.com