[TR] Headlight Update, Update

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Oct 16 00:29:38 MDT 2014

> Do I
> really not need to be concerned about the effects of the extra wattage
bulbs on
> the headlamp fixture, though? I thought it was always a bad idea to exceed
the
> wattage a light fixture recommends. Perhaps 15w isn't enough to worry
about?

I'd certainly say not, especially considering that there is a 60 watt
factory configuration listed for TR3A (high beam for LHD home market cars).
The design leaves plenty of space around both inner and outer bulbs as well
as the bucket and there are no flammable materials nearby.  I did several
long trips with 90/120 bulbs and saw no signs of overheating anywhere after
the car got wrecked.  Didn't particularly like the look, but Man, did they
light up the road on a dark night!  (I originally ordered the 80/90 bulbs,
but one of them was bad and the replacements the vendor sent were the
90/120s.)

Randall