[TR] Headlight Update, Update

Jeffrey Gayton jtgayton at icloud.com
Wed Oct 15 13:48:39 MDT 2014

Thanks again to everyone who's replied to my noob questions! Lots of different
advice, but that's what's made all this so informative and interesting for me.
I think I'll give the halogen bulbs a try in my PL700 and see how they compare
to new units, which I've also ordered. I do plan to go with a relay, and
upgrading the wiring makes sense from both a safety and lighting power point
of view. Do I really not need to be concerned about the effects of the extra
wattage bulbs on the headlamp fixture, though? I thought it was always a bad
idea to exceed the wattage a light fixture recommends. Perhaps 15w isn't
enough to worry about?

Thanks.

b Jeff

1962 Triumph TR4