[TR] Headlight Update

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Oct 15 08:26:15 MDT 2014

> The TR2-4a had wiring that is not really up to the job.

Well, not to belabor the point, but I ran with 60 watt H4 headlights on the
stock wiring in my TR3A for quite a few years.  Only time I had a problem
was when there really was a short (one of the strands of wires got loose and
touched ground).

Perhaps a TR4 is different, but on a TR2-3, each headlight gets its own wire
from the dimmer switch, meaning that section only carries about 5 amps even
with 60 watt bulbs.  And I believe the wire from the main switch to the
dimmer switch is 28 strand, meaning it is rated to carry 140% of the actual
load with 60 watt bulbs.

Randall