[TR] Pertronix

George Richardson gpr at key-men.com
Sun Oct 12 09:17:16 MDT 2014

I'm using a Crane unit in my TR3, so can't comment on the Pertronix in
particular, but I've had an oscilloscope on mine and found no effect
from anything. Since the Crane has the switching unit outside the
distributor, I would expect it to be more affected than the Pertronix,
which is all integrated into the distributor.

On top of that, the field generated by the wires in the ignition circuit
would be insignificant.

Your old radios were analog and amplified and stray signals the tubes
picked up. The electronic ignition system is essentially digital. The
sensor is either on or off, and the output is as well.

George Richardson
Key Men - Keys for Classics
www.key-men.com

1957 Triumph TR3