[TR] Putting a convertible top on my TR4A this weekend

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Thu Oct 9 19:59:00 MDT 2014

The Buckeye Triumph site
http://buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/TR6Top/TR6SoftTop.htm   has a nice
pictured tutorial on fitting a TR250/6 top, other than the side window
velcro fittings they are pretty similar to the TR4A.  I did my TR250 top,
first time I had done a top, though I have done a couple tonneaus.  Sidewalk
chalk is your friend fold it in half, find the middle, mark it with the
sidewalk chalk, start from the back middle and work your way forward, mark
where you need to make holes for the various fittings with the sidewalk
chalk, that is it down to the bare bones, one of the critical bits to get it
to fit and look good, contact cement (for the header rail) does stick on
contact, but you can still pull it up and go again if it is not quite right.
Good luck.

Greg Lemon