[TR] Moss Motors

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 13:09:05 MST 2014

my friends and I have taken to calling them %*&$@#( moss
B       From: Tim Purdy <timipurdy at citlink.net>
 To: TR List <triumphs at autox.team.net>
 Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:54 PM
 Subject: [TR] Moss Motors

Has anyone had trouble with Moss Motors customer service department? I have
been a loyal customer for many years and spent, as we do on these cars, a lot
of money.

B  B  B  B  B  B  Anyhow, one of the o-rings on the carbs of the TR4 went out,
since
gas leaked. Since with dual carbs, I ordered replacement o-rings, washers,
etc. and order two sets, since might as well replace the other carb as well,
from Moss last week, Today tackled the carbs, but of the five items related,
four showed up as two and fifth as one.B  Replaced the faulty o-rings on one
carb, but could do no the other.B  Called Moss customer service and after a
long discussion, they told me if I place an order for additional parts, they
will not charge me for the missing o-ring. I tried to explain, I dont need
anything else. Maybe I lost my common sense, you have dual carbs, and so you
order two of everything, to take care of both at the same time.
B  B  B  B  B  B  Should I try calling back tomorrow, and maybe someone will
be a
bit moreB  understanding?

Tim, who would really like drive his TR4 '64

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums