[TR] TR4

dave n dave at ranteer.com
Tue Nov 11 07:59:20 MST 2014

couple of questions about an early (63) TR4 is smoking badly.  car sat for 25
years or so before I got it.  had it running and driving, but you sure
didnbt want to run it inside even a parking garage!

1. is it possible to replace the pistons and liners without pulling the
engine?  bad idea anyway?

2. is it better to pull the engine and tranny as a unit or easier to pull just
the engine?  seems like it would be a bear to get them lined up again.  the
tranny shifts just fine, so I donbt need to pull it.  (Its and overdrive
unit)

3. I should remove the cross brace in front of the engine, right?  seems to
really be in the way.