[TR] TR3 Cam Timing

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Nov 7 11:02:01 MST 2014

Morning, everyone.

I have no idea why, but the scribe marks on the original? cam and crank sprockets are missing.  I've looked close, believe me.

I'm at the point to reinstall, since they chain and gears seem fine, but am unsure how to set the chain without them.  One thing I've read is to have both #1 and #4 at TDC, the crank key facing down, and check elevation of the lift rods.  Then what?

I can always buy new, I suppose, but ISTR that people were disgrunted with quality of aftermarkets?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667
New Hampshire