[TR] Speedometer Cable

David Porter frogeye at porterscustom.com
Thu Nov 6 05:27:15 MST 2014

I'm lucky to have MO-MA only a few minutes from my shop and I'm in there
quite often. Joey, the long time employee of Margaret's, who is now the
new owner after her passing said to me when I showed up with a hand full
of broken angle drives that "we don't fix them much anymore" "Moss sells
them now"
  Anyway, I had him cut some stock cable and hammer the square end (with
an old hammer press jig) and what he does is cut the cable with plain
dikes then dress the end on a bench grinder to give the very shallow
angled point.
  George's method is fine too.
Dave

--
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/