[TR] TR6 overheating puzzle

Allen Hess allenhess at mgcarclub.com
Thu May 22 14:48:01 MDT 2014

I wouldn't rule out the voltage stabilizer. Several years ago I
started up at the beginning of the season and nearly pegged the temp
gauge. Like you I checked a lot of other things and finally the
stabilizer. They are easy to check with an analog volt meter (don't
know how a digital would work). I don't remember how to hook it up but
I found it on the internet, maybe the list archives. If it is working
correctly, the needle will swing back and forth from 12 volts to
something less so that the average is about 10 volts. If broken it
will be steady at 12-14 volts.

Allen